The church of Saint Francis is placed outside of the most ancient center of the city, on via Verentana, that connects Montefiascone and Marta. The ancient convent is the site of the Civil Hospital, which was transferred in 1875.
The church, dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta, belongs to the Monastery of Divine Love of the Augustinian nuns. These nuns became cloistered December 31, 1721 and then dissolved at the beginning of the last century. Since 1986 this monastery has been the center for religious training.
The current church of Montedoro looks like a massive octagonal building that, despite the limitations resulting from various executive difficulties, resembles the clear planning of artist Sangallo. The interior walls of the church are marked by five small apses, and frescoes commissioned by the monks of Carmelitani order in the second half of the sixteenth century.
The façade, designed by Gazola, fastened between two bell towers and topped with a balustrade, presents a solemn neo-classical portal composed by a triangular pediment supported by ionic columns, surmounted by the coat of arms of Cardinal Macchi. On the sides are two niches housing the statues of San Flaviano e Santa Margherita, patrons of Montefiascone.
The church of Saint Andrea, one of the oldest in Montefiascone, was first mentioned in 853 as ecclesiam S. Andreae in Campo (latin name). The building, located close to the primitive circle of walls, was to present the typical three-gabled conformation, and the coverage of the aisles that are lower than the nave.